Based: Home based
Department: Department for International Trade
Employment Basis: Full time with the use of flexi time – fixed term until 31st March 2021
Salary: Attractive package to reflect the short-term nature of the post
Closing Date:Monday 26th October 2020
The North East England Chamber of Commerce, working in collaboration with Tees Valley Combined Authority (TVCA), are looking to recruit an Export Strategy Development Manager.
This role is funded by the Department for International Trade (DIT), to lead on the establishment and development of a Trade and Export Strategy and Plan for the Tees Valley region.
Helping companies develop international markets has never been so important and DIT fully recognise the need for local partners and stakeholders to work together to achieve this.
This role will work alongside the current team of International Trade Advisers, and work towards identifying key markets in a changing world economy and devise a plan to grow the regions exports.
North East England Chamber of Commerce is the organisation appointed by Department for International Trade to deliver DIT International Trade Services to Tees Valley Businesses. These services include the provision of a broad range of advice, market intelligence and financial support to companies new to exporting or addressing new export markets.
What you’ll be doing
In this this role you will be working closely with the Tees Valley Business Growth Programme, DIT, Local Authorities, Chambers of Commerce, Universities and other business support organisations and key stakeholders to develop a Tees Valley Trade and Export strategy and Export Plan. The purpose being to increase international trade with a strong focus on supporting earlier stage businesses and SMEs to plan for international growth.
The Plan will be developed in line with the Tees Valley Strategic Economic Plan and emerging Internationalisation Strategy and will include priority markets, key sectors, and trade implications of EU exit, as appropriate
The post holder will establish an International Trade Working Group with key stakeholders to drive engagement, activity, programmes and implementation of the Export Plan. The Group will report to TVCA and input into Northern Powerhouse Trade & Investment activity to ensure national alignment, whilst delivering on local priorities. Contributing to an active network of Exporters, building on existing cadres of Export Champions, Export Clubs and Programmes, utilising their expertise to leverage increased exports.
What we’ve got to offer
Promoting a healthy work life balance is important to us at the Chamber! We believe that providing an excellent working environment and the tools to perform will enable our colleagues to feel energised to achieve their goals and be the best they can be.
- Attractive salary and package to reflect the short-term nature of the contract
- Home based
- A motivating, encouraging place to work
- Learning and development opportunities to enable progression
- Flexible working
- Working environment in which we promote a positive culture; we enable change, encourage challenge and demonstrate commitment
- 25 days holiday plus 8 additional bank holidays per year (FTE)
- Pension scheme, combined 8%
- Health cash plan provided by Westfield Health
- Dress for your day policy
What we need to see
Our team is passionate about North East business and has the ability to work hard to achieve desired outcomes. Skills and international experience are important, but we are also looking for the right character who has the willingness to learn and achieve. It is vitally important that we find the right people who fits into our beliefs and culture here at the Chamber. Some of the other things we are looking for include:
- Management experience and/or public sector programme management experience.
- Relevant service delivery and/or policy development, including one or more of development, design, implementation.
- Higher-level relationship management and successful partnership working in a complex environment.
- National, regional, and local policy and programmes in one or more fields of business growth, trade and investment or economic development.
- Good understanding of international trade and export policy and practicalities for industry.
- Clear awareness of customer and partner priorities and understanding of political agenda.
- Key local, national, and regional players and their roles related to business support, trade and investment and economic development.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Reliable, flexible, and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- A high level of personal and professional integrity being able to provide helpful and completely objective support to clients and partners
How to apply.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience, and personality to undertake this role, please forward your CV and cover letter to: -
Martin Potts, People and Performance Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org