Based: Tees Valley
Department: Department for International Trade
Employment Basis: Full Time with the use of flexi time – fixed term until March 2020
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Closing Date: Monday 27th May
We are looking to recruit an International Trade Adviser (ITA), with previous experience of working with Tees Valley based businesses to join our dedicated and experienced team. The ITA role will promote and facilitate the delivery of export support services and have the responsibility for supporting the international trade activities of a portfolio of small to mid-sized companies within the Tees Valley region.
The role is crucial to the successful roll-out of Department for International Trade Services, which themselves are central to the economic growth strategy of the country.
North East England Chamber of Commerce is the organisation appointed by Department for International Trade to deliver DIT International Trade Services to North East Businesses. These services include the provision of a broad range of advice, market intelligence and financial support to companies new to exporting or addressing new export markets.
We are looking for both desk based and field based advisers.
What you’ll be doing.
The successful candidates will work closely with the senior management of client organisations, sharing their ambitions and fostering their growth objectives. In many cases the role will act as a consultant and sounding board for the development of export strategy and will then support the evolving action plan through selected and appropriate parts of the Department for International Trade extensive support resources.
You will be expected to visit clients based within the Tees Valley to provide advice and support. The desk based roles will still require the ability to deliver advice and guidance, but also develop leads and opportunities for face to face engagement.
As the role develops, this involvement may extend to participation in International Trade missions, seminars and communication events that catalyse cross fertilisation of ideas and experiences within the business community of the region and occasionally at national level.
What we’ve got to offer.
Promoting a healthy work life balance is important to us at the Chamber! We believe that providing an excellent working environment and the tools to perform will enable our colleagues to feel energised to achieve their goals and be the best they can be.
- Attractive salary of £32,000 - £35,000
- A motivating, encouraging place to work
- Learning and development opportunities to enable progression
- Flexible working
- Working environment in which we promote a positive culture; we enable change, encourage challenge and demonstrate commitment
- 25 days holiday plus 8 additional bank holidays per year (full time equivalent)
- Pension scheme, 3% employer contributions
- Health cash plan provided by Westfield Health
What we need to see.
Our team is passionate about North East business and have the ability to work hard to achieve desired outcomes. Skills and international experience are important, but we are also looking for the right character who has the willingness to learn and achieve. It is vitally important that we find the right people who fits into our beliefs and culture here at the Chamber. Some of the other things we are looking for include:
- Proven international trade experience
- Ability to achieve challenging performance targets and deadlines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Self-starter and drive to encourage, motivate and involve an ever-widening group of businesses
- You will be able to work independently using your initiative
- Strong organisational and management skills
How to apply.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, please forward your CV and cover letter to Martin Potts, People and Performance Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org