Based: Home based
Department: Department for International Trade
Employment Basis: Full time with the use of flexi time - fixed term until March 2021
Closing Date: Monday 27th July 2020
We are looking to recruit an International Trade Adviser (ITA) with previous experience of the defence and security sector. The ITA role promotes and facilitates the delivery of export support services and has the responsibility for supporting the international trade activities of a portfolio of small to mid-sized companies within the north east region. This role is part of a team of ITAs, which are crucial to the successful roll-out of Department for International Trade Services.
North East England Chamber of Commerce is the organisation appointed by Department for International Trade to deliver DIT International Trade Services to North East Businesses. These services include the provision of a broad range of advice, market intelligence and financial support to companies new to exporting or addressing new export markets.
What you’ll be doing
The primary focus of this International Trade Adviser role is to research the North East’s Defence & Security sector, identifying the companies within the supply chain, assessing their propensity to export and the activities needed to improve this. This role is designed to provide added resource to companies within this sector, to increase their international competitiveness and provide a detailed analysis of the Defence & Security business landscape and the supporting supply chains.
This role will undertake a thorough and detailed review of the defence and security sector in the North East, with a key focus on supporting the sector to achieve further growth in international success.
This is a project-based role, designed to inform strategic thinking about future international trade support in the North East.
What we’ve got to offer
Promoting a healthy work life balance is important to us at the Chamber! We believe that providing an excellent working environment and the tools to perform will enable our colleagues to feel energised to achieve their goals and be the best they can be.
- Attractive salary of £35,000
- A motivating, encouraging place to work
- Learning and development opportunities to enable progression
- Flexible working
- Working environment in which we promote a positive culture; we enable change, encourage challenge and demonstrate commitment
- 25 days holiday plus 8 additional bank holidays per year (FTE)
- Pension scheme, combined 8%
- Health cash plan provided by Westfield Health
- Dress for your day policy
What we need to see
Our team is passionate about North East business and has the ability to work hard to achieve desired outcomes. Skills and international experience are important, but we are also looking for the right character who has the willingness to learn and achieve. It is vitally important that we find the right people who fits into our beliefs and culture here at the Chamber. Some of the other things we are looking for include:
- Proven international trade experience
- Business awareness – company finance and structure; mechanics of exporting
- Previous experience of working in the defence / security sectors
- Ability to achieve challenging performance targets and deadlines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Self-starter and drive to encourage, motivate and involve an ever-widening group of businesses
- You will be able to work independently using your initiative
- Strong organisational and management skills
How to apply
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, please forward your CV and cover letter to Martin Potts, People and Performance Manager @ email@example.com