Based: Durham, Aykley Heads
Employment Basis: Full-time with the use of flexi time
Tenure: Fixed Term until March 2020
Salary: £25,000 + Chamber benefits package
Closing Date: Monday 3rd June 2019
North East England Chamber of Commerce is the organisation appointed by Department for International Trade to deliver DIT International Trade Services to North East Businesses. These services include the provision of a broad range of advice, market intelligence and financial support to companies new to exporting or addressing new export markets.
We seek to recruit an International Trade Executive to assist with our ERDF programme “Expanding North East presence in International Markets” by helping to grow the number of businesses in the region trading internationally and improve current customer satisfaction rates.
The role is crucial to the successful roll-out of Department for International Trade Services, which themselves are central to the economic growth strategy of the country.
What you’ll be doing.
The main purpose of the role of International Trade Executive is to help businesses across the North East Region to increase their international trade competitiveness by offering them appropriate support and to identify solutions to achieve this aim. Other duties will include but not limited to:
- Offer support that complements the work of the International Trade Advisers
- Analyse and interpret customer feedback and activity, to ensure we continually improve the service we offer
- Help grow the number of businesses in the Region trading internationally
- Work in conjunction with other members of staff and regional partners in line with the strategic aims and overall objectives of the Chamber and its strategic partners.
What we’ve got to offer.
Promoting a healthy work life balance is important to us at the Chamber! We believe that providing the right foundations will enable our colleagues to feel energised to achieve their goals and be the best they can be. Colleagues are entitled to a number of benefits including:-
- Attractive salary of £25,000
- A motivating, encouraging environment to work, based out of our recently refurbished modern offices around the region
- Learning and development opportunities to enable progression
- Flexible working
- An environment to which we promote a positive culture - we enable change, encourage challenge and demonstrate commitment
- 25 days holiday plus 8 additional bank holidays per year
- Pension scheme, combined 8% contributions
- Health cash plan provided by Westfield Health
What we need to see.
Our team is passionate about North East business and have the ability to work hard to achieve desired outcomes. Skills and experience are important but what is important above all else is character and willingness to learn and achieve. It is vitally important that we find the right person who fits into our beliefs and culture here at the Chamber. Some of the other things we are looking for include:
- Knowledge of international trade and the North East business community
- A proven track record of successful business development and achieving targets
- Excellent research and presentation skills
- The ability to network both face to face and through social media
- Confidence in providing advice and guidance to businesses
- Ability to be proactive and work well independently
- Excellent communication skills including telephone, face to face and email
How to apply.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, please forward your CV and cover letter to Martin Potts, People and Performance Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org.