Department: Chamber International
Employment Basis: Full-time with the use of flexi time
Salary: £30,000 + Chamber benefits package
Closing Date: Monday 9th December 2019
We seek to recruit a Training and Global Network Adviser to join our highly experienced International Trade team. We understand the complex and fast paced challenges businesses face while exporting and importing their products and services. Our ambition is to grow our global footprint and expand our reach, we see the role of Training and Global Network Adviser key to us achieving this.
North East England Chamber of Commerce is the region’s largest membership organisation, representing 3,000 businesses. We’re also the leading provider of certification services for companies exporting goods from the region. In addition to this work, which is relied upon by over 500 companies, the Chamber provides a range of training and development products, utilised by in excess of 200 businesses each year.
For over 200 years, we have been helping businesses and individuals grow their network, knowledge, influence and reach.
What you’ll be doing
This newly created role will help provide our global members with the advice, support and information needed to unlock their exporting potential and develop their presence on the global stage. Specific tasks undertaken within this role will include but not limited to:
- Delivery of the Chamber’s training and global network advisory service, providing excellent customer services to all Chamber members and non-members.
- Establishing, managing and promoting a new programme of training, workshops, events and seminars related to international trade and member requirements.
- Engage with the BCC Global Business Network and establish connections with other international Chambers, capitalising on the global network through sharing best practice and building relationships whilst providing practical support and introductions for businesses thinking of trading abroad for the first time or growing their presence in existing markets.
- Increase awareness of the value that Chambers bring to businesses and to encourage greater engagement from them into British Chambers both in the UK and across the world.
- Arrange networking sessions, panel discussions and 1-2-1 meetings with the global network partners assisting businesses to grow their contact base, improve their understanding of international trends whilst pitching their ideas to people that understand the market and have quality experience in taking British businesses through exporting to new regions.
- Join and participate in contributing to the BCC Global group on LinkedIn and Twitter, and actively contribute to articles that would be featured throughout the year on these platforms.
What we’ve got to offer
Promoting a healthy work life balance is important to us at the Chamber! We believe that providing the right foundations will enable our colleagues to feel energised to achieve their goals and be the best they can be. Colleagues are entitled to a number of benefits including: -
- Attractive salary of £30,000
- A motivating, encouraging environment to work, based out of our recently refurbished modern offices in Durham, Aykley Heads with free car parking
- Learning and development opportunities to enable progression
- Flexible working
- An environment to which we promote a positive culture - we enable change, encourage challenge and demonstrate commitment
- 25 days holiday plus 8 additional bank holidays per year
- Pension scheme, combined 8% contributions
- Health cash plan provided by Westfield Health
What we need to see
Our team is passionate about North East business and have the ability to work hard to achieve desired outcomes. Skills and experience are important but what is important above all else is character and willingness to learn and achieve. It is vitally important that we find the right person who fits into our beliefs and culture here at the Chamber. Some of the other skills and experience that we are looking for include:
- University degree in Business administration, Law, international trade or any other subjects closely related.
- Approachable and ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the International Trade team, wider business and external partners
- Experience of working in an international trade environment
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve goals
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Create, maintain and promote positive working relationships internally and externally
How to apply
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, please forward your CV and cover letter to Martin Potts, People and Performance Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org