Based: Aykley Heads, Durham
Department: Department for International Trade – ERDF Project
Employment Basis: Full Time with the use of flexi time – fixed term until May 2019
We are looking for an articulate and competent administrator to join our team based from our head office in Aykley Heads Durham. The role is to provide administrative support to our ERDF Project Manager and Project Administrator and the overall project.
North East England Chamber of Commerce is the organisation appointed by Department for International Trade to deliver DIT International Trade Services to North East Businesses. These services include the provision of a broad range of advice, market intelligence and financial support to companies new to exporting or addressing new export markets.
What you’ll be doing
The post-holder will provide support to our ERDF Project team to offer administration support. This role is part of the ERDF project Expanding Tees Valley Presence in International Markets and will report into our ERDF Project Manager. The post holder will also be required to:
- Provide administrative support, including data input, processing of paperwork, and maintaining accurate customer files
- Assist in cross referencing accurate and detailed time sheet reports, ensuring they are in line with CRM evidence
- Assist the ERDF Project Manager in ensuring all processes have relevant and up to date standard operating procedures
- To maintain and update internal tracking systems ensuring EGAP, funding and output data is accurate and up to date
- Carry out regular data cleansing of internal tracker and CRM
- To support internal or external audits of DIT/ERDF paperwork and procedures
What we’ve got to offer.
Promoting a healthy work life balance is important to us at the Chamber! We believe that providing an excellent working environment and the tools to perform will enable our colleagues to feel energised to achieve their goals and be the best they can be.
- £15,500 Salary
- A motivating, encouraging environment to work, based out of our recently refurbished modern offices at Aykley Heads Business Park, Durham with free onsite parking
- Learning and development opportunities to enable progression
- Flexible working
- Working environment in which we promote a positive culture; we enable change, encourage challenge and demonstrate commitment
- 25 days holiday plus 8 additional bank holidays per year (full time equivalent)
- Pension scheme, 3% employer contributions
- Health cash plan paid by the Chamber
What we need to see.
Our team is passionate about North East business and have the ability to work hard to achieve desired outcomes. Skills and experience are important but what is important above all else is character and willingness to learn and achieve. It is vitally important that we find the right person who fits into our beliefs and culture here at the Chamber. Some of the other things we are looking for are detailed below:
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communications skills
- Accurate recording of information and attention to detail
- Ability to collate and analyse data
- Knowledge of appropriate computer software packages.
- Fully proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous experience/knowledge of ERDF funding (Desirable, but not essential)
How to apply.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, please forward your CV and cover letter to our recruitment team @ firstname.lastname@example.org.