Based: Aykley Heads, Durham
Department: Department for International Trade – ERDF Project
Employment Basis: Full Time with the use of flexi time – fixed term until May 2019
We are looking for a resourceful, organised and motivated person to manage an associated ERDF programme “Expanding Tees Valley presence in International Markets” and ensure activity is delivered in compliance with ERDF regulations. The successful person will be part of the management team, looking for ways to continuously improve service delivery.
North East England Chamber of Commerce is the organisation appointed by Department for International Trade to deliver DIT International Trade Services to North East Businesses. These services include the provision of a broad range of advice, market intelligence and financial support to companies new to exporting or addressing new export markets.
What you’ll be doing
The post-holder will be responsible for the day to day management the ERDF Project and to manage all relevant processes to ensure ERDF and DIT compliance. This role is part of the ERDF project Expanding Tees Valley Presence in International Markets and will report into our Operations Manager on project progress and compliance. The post holder will also be required to:
- Liaise with the International Trade Director and Operations Manager to ensure delivery of activity is in line with DIT strategy
- Liaise with the Finance Manager and team to ensure all activity is delivered on budget and in line with ERDF eligible costs
- Ensure that delivery of all activity is in line with ERDF regulations and appropriate records and evidence is maintained.
- Prepare regular reports on delivery and achievement of outputs and impacts for submission to DCLG
- Supervision of collection of ERDF compliant records and electronic data on all client activities on the CRM database.
What we’ve got to offer
Promoting a healthy work life balance is important to us at the Chamber! We believe that providing an excellent working environment and the tools to perform will enable our colleagues to feel energised to achieve their goals and be the best they can be.
- Attractive salary of £32, 000
- A motivating, encouraging environment to work, based out of our recently refurbished modern offices at Aykley Heads Business Park, Durham with free onsite parking
- Learning and development opportunities to enable progression
- Flexible working
- Working environment in which we promote a positive culture; we enable change, encourage challenge and demonstrate commitment
- 25 days holiday plus 8 additional bank holidays per year (full time equivalent)
- Pension scheme, 3% employer contributions
- Health cash plan paid by the Chamber
What we need to see
Our team is passionate about North East business and have the ability to work hard to achieve desired outcomes. Skills and experience are important but what is important above all else is character and willingness to learn and achieve. It is vitally important that we find the right person who fits into our beliefs and culture here at the Chamber. Some of the other things we are looking for are detailed below:
- The successful candidate must have proven experience in ERDF programme management
- Proven experience of in-depth audit procedures
- You will be proactive and an excellent communicator
- Confident in handling a high volume and wide range of tasks
- You will be able to work independently using your initiative
- Strong organisational and management skills
How to apply
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, please forward your CV and cover letter to Martin Potts, People and Performance Manager @ email@example.com