Who should attend this course?
Import directors and managers; shipping department and import personnel; freight forwarders; purchasing and procurement department managers and employees; management trainees; operations/logistics staff
Upon completion of a written revision paper, delegates will receive a BCC accredited certificate subject to a pass mark of 50%.
- Introduction – What is an Import?
- EC Trade
- Managing the import process – restrictions; preparation and research; enquiries
- Contractual and logistical considerations
- Incoterms® 2010 rules – “Incoterms” is a trademark of the International Chamber of Commerce
- Methods of payment
- The Integrated Tariff of the United kingdom
- The Customs entry - responsibilities of the importer; valuations; Duty and VAT calculations
- Managing the customs process
If you are unable to attend on the scheduled dates, we can bring this or any other international trade course to your place of work and tailor it to meet your company needs. Please call us to discuss.
You may also be interested to know that as an alternative to attending one of our courses, we will be offering half day sessions, on site, delivered on a one to one basis. This will enable us to focus specifically on your business needs and develop your employees understanding of their role, at their desk. The charge for this will be from £100.00+VAT per hour.
For further information or to book a place, contact the Chamber International Trade team on 0191 3746474
Durham County Cricket Club
Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground
Chester Le Street
« Back to Events