Influence & campaigns
What we do
Prestigious economic survey
As an organisation that campaigns to make the North East the best possible environment for business, understanding our members’ experiences of the regional economy is vital. It is used by decision-makers in the region and also national organisations. In association with Durham University Business School.
regional economic reports produced every year
Make your voice heard
We host regular meetings and events across the region that give our members the opportunity to understand the policy landscape and to challenge decision makers on the issues that matter to their business.
monthly local area meetings with members
Campaigning for a Stronger North East
Thousands of businesses across the North East of England are members of the Chamber because they know they can achieve more together than they could on their own.
North East-based businesses are members of the Chamber
Policy forums to offer advice
We also run a series of forums covering a range of industries and challenges including transport, development, skills, energy and diversity. These meetings are aimed at businesses with a specialist interest or expertise in these fields and enable in-depth discussion on relevant issues and policy changes.
monthly forums to drive conversation around topical issues
What we offer
The benefits to you and your business.
- The opportunity to be part of the Chamber’s Stronger North East campaign, which sets out the policy changes and investment our members want to see to enable the North East economy to flourish.
- Unique opportunities to hear from political figures, influential leaders and decision makers on key issues affecting the region’s business community.
- A series of policy events and roundtables giving you the opportunity to join the conversation and delve deeper into some of the most challenging issues affecting North East businesses.
- Regular policy forums to ensure that our priorities match current business needs and shape our messages on vital issues including Education & Skills, Transport, Energy, Development, and International Trade.
- A series of local area meetings to discuss local business and economic conditions; providing you with unique opportunities to hear from relevant decision makers to improve your business intelligence and shape the growth of your local area.
- An important role in helping us understand the state of the regional economy through our Quarterly Economic Survey, conducted in association with Durham University Business School, with access to our regional economic briefing event series.
- An experienced team of policy experts, on hand to support you with issues affecting your business.
- Monthly North East business brief summarising our policy and campaign work taking place as well as highlighting what we have coming up.
Find out more about our membership packages and how you can benefit from being part of the network.
Got a question about membership or accessing any of your benefits? Get in touch.
Contact your relationship manager or the Chamber team on 0300 303 6322.
Great Reasons to do business in the North East
Fraser Anderson, director of external relations and strategic development at Sage Gateshead, discusses the importance of NewcastleGatesheads iconic imagery, our cultural organisations like Sage Gateshead, the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art, Durham Cathedral and the wide variety of art, cultural and heritage experiences available in the North East.
Welcoming back the North Easts Arts and Culture sector
Amber Burney’s latest column for the Journal
Stronger North East
The North East is a creative and innovative region. It’s home to brilliant businesses, dynamic places and hard- working people. But there are challenges we must overcome.
Despite our challenges, a Stronger North East is in our reach. A region that will be influential on the national stage, global in its outlook, connected to opportunities and a connected place to do business.
The Chamber’s Stronger North East campaign is an ambitious set of proposals to help create innovative towns and cities, attract investment and create jobs.
This work has never been more important in these challenging times.
Find out more about a Stronger North East.
Our policy work
There are lots of ways to make your voice heard, grow your influence and shape the Chamber’s campaigns.
Our relationships with decision makers at local, regional and national levels allow the voice of our members to be heard in the right place at the right time. Our Stronger North East campaign sets out the policy changes our members want to see, while our network of area meetings and policy forums ensure that our priorities match current business needs.