By selling their products or services overseas, companies can stay in business longer and enjoy growth rates not achievable by just trading in the UK alone.
The Department for International Trade North East are here to help you trade internationally, whether you are exporting for the first time or entering new markets.
What’s in it for your business?
- Access to free one-to-one support from your local International Trade Adviser.
- Keep up to date with the latest international export opportunities. Our Exporting is GREAT website www.great.gov.uk offers a digital solution for first time, occasional and experienced exporters.
- Tap into our knowledge, expertise and access connections overseas. Use our connections to DIT offices in over 100 overseas markets to save you time finding contacts and building relationships.
- Receive advice and guidance on selling online internationally from our e-Commerce expert.
- Find out about potential funding opportunities available in the North East area to help you trade internationally.
- Discover our range of workshops and overseas trade missions to help you explore your export potential.
To find out more about how we can help you or to arrange an appointment with your local International Trade Adviser contact the North East team at:
Tel: 0345 136 0169
“DIT support has been invaluable from the very beginning. Their ERDF programme is accessible and provides an immediate benefit that helped pay for flights and hotels in the Middle East and trade shows in the US, which allowed us to meet key contacts in the industry and gave us that kick-start to become players in international markets.”
Catherine Wood, UK Director, A&C Associates
“DIT is helping us access markets across the world, we’re primarily looking at the areas where there is a high level of developments such as the Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand.”
Neil Reed, Managing Director, BIMcert
“Working with DIT has allowed me to go abroad with Freya Lillie. The idea of organic baby clothing has really taken hold in Berlin, Germany, but I’m also working in Denmark and Norway too. DIT has provided me with access to these international markets, allowing my business to grow beyond its regional roots.”