By selling their products or services overseas, companies can stay in business longer and enjoy growth rates not achievable by just trading in the UK alone.
The Department for International Trade North East are here to help you trade internationally, whether you are exporting for the first time or entering new markets.
What’s in it for your business?
- Access to free one-to-one support from your local International Trade Adviser. Your International Trade Adviser can help you identify suitable export markets and support business growth overseas by acting as independent mentors for your business.
- Keep up to date with the latest international export opportunities. Our Exporting is GREAT website www.great.gov.uk offers a digital solution for first time, occasional and experienced exporters. Our staff can help you assess whether these opportunities are right for your business.
- Tap into our knowledge, expertise and access connections overseas. Our advisers have experience in exporting to a range of markets and a wide variety of sectors. Use our connections to DIT offices in over 100 overseas markets to save you time finding contacts and building relationships.
- Receive advice and guidance on selling online internationally from our e-Commerce expert. Our dedicated e-Commerce Adviser works with you to develop an effective international online strategy and gives you access to exclusive rates to list on some e-marketplaces.
- Find out about potential funding opportunities available in the North East area to help you trade internationally. Access our knowledge of the funding available in the North East to support your business with international growth.
- Discover our range of workshops and overseas trade missions to help you explore your export potential. Our master classes cover a variety of export-related topics, from how to protect your Intellectual Property to how to optimise your website for an international audience. Our newly released Trade Mission programme provides the perfect opportunity to join a group led visit to a range of markets and maximise your export potential.
To find out more about how we can help you or to arrange an appointment with your local International Trade Adviser contact the North East team at:
Tel: 0345 136 0169
Follow us @tradegovuk_NE