Based: Home based
Department: Department for International Trade
Employment Basis: Full Time with the use of flexi time – fixed term until March 2021
Salary: Attractive & reflective of short-term contract
Closing Date: Monday 3rd August 2020
We are looking to recruit a sector specialist from the offshore and renewable energy sector to work alongside the DIT Northern Powerhouse team; to provide insight on the requirements of the sector and to develop a clear understanding of the segmentation across the North.
This is a really exciting opportunity as a project-based role, designed to inform strategic thinking about future international trade support in the North East.
North East England Chamber of Commerce is the organisation appointed by Department for International Trade to deliver DIT International Trade Services to North East Businesses. These services include the provision of a broad range of advice, market intelligence and financial support to companies new to exporting or addressing new export markets.
What you’ll be doing
The primary focus of this role is to work with businesses, supporting organisations and DIT delivery partners across the North to develop and communicate a clear export support proposition for the offshore and renewable energy sector. Other responsibilities for this role include:
· Leading the key account management of larger, “Tier 1” businesses in the sector across the region and provide collaborative, sector specialist support for ITAs where appropriate to achieve outcomes as required by DIT.
· Guiding sector strategy across the region in consultation with DIT sector teams, producing a sector plan for the Offshore and Renewables sector for the Northern Powerhouse to a defined DIT model.
· Liaising with DIT overseas posts to identify and develop trade opportunities for sector businesses across the region.
What we’ve got to offer
Promoting a healthy work life balance is important to us at the Chamber! We believe that providing an excellent working environment and the tools to perform will enable our colleagues to feel energised to achieve their goals and be the best they can be.
· Attractive salary and package to reflect the short term nature of the contract
· Home based
· A motivating, encouraging place to work
· Learning and development opportunities to enable progression
· Flexible working
· Working environment in which we promote a positive culture; we enable change, encourage challenge and demonstrate commitment
· 25 days holiday plus 8 additional bank holidays per year (FTE)
· Pension scheme, combined 8%
· Health cash plan provided by Westfield Health
· Dress for your day policy
What we need to see
Our team is passionate about North East business and has the ability to work hard to achieve desired outcomes. Skills and international experience are important, but we are also looking for the right character who has the willingness to learn and achieve. It is vitally important that we find the right people who fits into our beliefs and culture here at the Chamber. Some of the other things we are looking for include:
• Deep sector specific insight and experience at a senior management/leadership level
• Experience operating and planning business development in a multi-faceted corporate environment, managing, influencing and liaising with a matrix of private and public sector- stakeholders.
• Proven international trade experience
• Business awareness – company finance and structure; mechanics of exporting
• Ability to achieve challenging performance targets and deadlines
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Self-starter and drive to encourage, motivate and involve an ever-widening group of businesses
• You will be able to work independently using your initiative
• Strong organisational and management skills
How to apply
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personality to undertake this role, please forward your CV and cover letter to Martin Potts, People and Performance Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org