Brief advice is a means of discussing smoking and quitting in a positive way to encourage smokers to think about giving up smoking and enabling them to access support when they are ready. It can take as little as 30 seconds depending on time available.
- Understand the impact of smoking and the benefits of stopping
- Consider local prevalence and services available
- Be able to raise the issue
- Understand the three components of brief advice – ask, advise, act – and how to use it in everyday conversations
- Be able to refer or signpost people into the service
26th April 10am - 11am
26th May 2pm - 3pm
Training will take place online.
Taking place online
12 John Street
« Back to Events