The Newcastle Rugby Foundation is the charitable arm of both Newcastle Falcons and Newcastle Thunder. The Foundation aims to motivate, educate and inspire via the power of sport across the North East and Cumbria. As we plan to celebrate our 15th birthday and the impact we have made of the communities we work it, we are mindful that there is still so much to achieve as we move forward. As a registered charity we are only able to do this with the kind support of grants, fundraising and Corporate Social Responsibility donations. We have pleasure in enclosing a brochure which further outlines the work that we do and the programmes we are hoping to run in the future which we hope are of interest to you.
We know that CSR is important to most organisations but it can be difficult to set a realistic plan in this area. Knowing what to do that has a positive CSR outcome and having the resources to do it (financial and personnel) are the two biggest challenges. Partnering with the Newcastle Rugby Foundation as one of a number of businesses can be a solution to both these questions.
For example, the Newcastle Wheelchair Rugby Team will need a fund of up to £50,000 per annuum to achieve the desired goals for participation in the sport at both an adult and community level. Although it would be amazing to find a partner who is able to commit to this level on an ongoing basis, It is difficult to envisage that we would be able to ask for a commitment from a single company to fund this and so the CSR Club has been established.
In the example outlined above, if 10 businesses join the Club with a cost of £5000 per business for two years, a fantastic foundation for the Newcastle Wheelchair Rugby team would be formed. Each business will work in partnership with Newcastle Rugby Foundation and be provided with rights from Newcastle Rugby.
By supporting the Newcastle Rugby Foundation, we hope you will see the opportunity to build and enhance your brand and make a huge difference to the people who benefit from our programme. You gov research suggests that;
• 71% of fans more positive towards companies who sponsor Community programmes.
• 79% of fans felt warmer towards the clubs as a result of Community programmes.
• 89% of sponsors believed CSR programmes have improved the perception of their business.
- Official Partner to Newcastle Rugby Foundation CSR Club / name here
- Two years from January 2020 / July 2021.Exclusive option to renew for a further term.
- Big Screen slide Newcastle Rugby Foundation CSR Club at every home game containing logos of all member Businesses of the Club.
- Dedicated web page for Newcastle Rugby Foundation CSR Club members.
- Dedicated page for Newcastle Rugby Foundation CSR Club members in the match day programme.
- Use of Newcastle Rugby Foundation logo (including Falcons Community Foundation and Newcastle Thunder Community Programme brand) photography and imagery for marketing and business development purposes
- Newcastle Rugby will provide access to 100 club hospitality twice a season for a total of 6 people.
- Access to 20 match tickets to be used at a mutually agreed game to give out to staff and/or clients.
- Launch of membership of CSR Club to be sent to our ezine database as well as regular updates on CSR Club throughout the season on social media channels.
HOME MATCH TICKETS
- Invitation to Newcastle Rugby Foundation events
- Invitation to visit a Newcastle Rugby Foundation projects and opportunities for volunteering / staff to become involved.
- Membership of Newcastle Falcons Business Club.