We continue to aspire for North East England to be recognised as the most welcoming, supportive and cost-effective place in which to establish and grow a business.
Our region’s town and city centres are subject to the same challenges as those up and down the country, but with locally driven ambitions and collaboration between public and private sectors we believe these challenges can be met.
We also firmly believe North East England offers an enviable quality of life for those who wish to build their career here. We must ensure that the scale and quality of local housing matches up to their expectations.
The inherent value of good local employers to their communities cannot be overstated, nor should it be overlooked. Councils and other public bodies, working with business, must do all they can to stimulate the growth of local enterprise.
To build a more Competitive North East in 2019, we need:
- A new UK Shared Prosperity Fund that expressly addresses the needs of the North East
- Interventions across the North East to stimulate and support town centres
- More funding and innovative approaches to improve the quality and diversity of housing stock in the North East
- Ambitious local housing and infrastructure strategies that enable economic growth
- Public bodies to give greater recognition to the genuine social value generated by local employers
Download your copy of our Stronger North East 2019 campaign here.